The Centre for Research in Photonics provides users with open access to cutting-edge tools within the research facility, specializing in nanofabrication and characterization.Our facilities are open to both academic and industrial researchers, which makes the centre ideal for prototype development and fabrication. The Centre is managed by Dr. Berini, the director, one research administrative assistant, one lab manager and two lab technologists. This team maintains the facilities, instructs and assists users, and provides nanofabrication services to help clients achieve their research goals.
Means of Access
Our lab facilities are located on the third floor of the ARC building at the University of Ottawa (25 Templeton St.). There are three labs: wet chemistry, metrology, and white and yellow clean rooms (Class 10,000).
All of our labs have a processing capability of up to four-inches diameter wafers and pieces, with the exception of certain beam tools, which accepts wafers of up to two inches in diameter or small pieces.
Hours of Operation
The facility is staffed from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, with the exception of holidays.
Please see the list below for more information on specific equipment and applications.
Clean Room - 333A (Yellow)
- Mask Aligner – OAI Model 204IR - NanoFab
- HMDS Oven – YES-310TA - NanoFab
- Vacuum Oven - NanoFab
- Ultrasonic Bath – Elmasonic P - NanoFab
- Hot Plate – Model H560A EchoTherm -NanoFab
Clean Room - 333B
- Profiler – DEKTAK XT -Metrology
- Sputtering System – Quorum 150R -NanoFab
- SEM + Electron Beam Lithography – Raith Pioneer -NanoFab
- Evaporator – ANGSTROM NEXDEP - NanoFab
- Oxygen Plasma Etcher – P50 - NanoFab
- RIE Etcher – PE50 - NanoFab
- RIE Etcher - Samco 10NR - NanoFab
- Zeiss Axio Imager M2.M - Metrology
Clean Room - 333C
- Wafer Bonder – AML AWB - NanoFab
- AFM – PARK NX10 - Metrology
- Orion Nanofab, Helium Ion Microscope (HIM) - NanoFab
Wet Chemistry - 330
- Solder Reflow Station – SRO-700 - WetChem
- Polishing Machine - UltraTech Ultrapol - WetChem
- Dicing Saw - MTI SYJ-800 - WetChem