The NanoFab facility at the Centre for Research in Photonics provides users with open access to cutting-edge tools within the research facility, specializing in nanofabrication and characterization.
Our facilities are open to both academic and industrial researchers, which makes the NanoFab ideal for prototype development and fabrication. The NanoFab is managed by the Director, Administrative Assistant, Lab Manager and two Lab Technologists. This team maintains the facilities, instructs and assists users, and provides nanofabrication services to help clients achieve their research goals.
- NanoFab Facility promotional flyer (PDF version, 285 KB)
- NanoFab Facility virtual tour (PDF, version 1,467 KB)
- Grant Applications - NanoFab Standard Endorsement (PDF version, 255 KB)
- CRPuO Lab Protocols and Safety Manual (PDF version, 1,082 KB)
- Link to Skedda for tool reservations
Means of Access
Our NanoFab lab facilities are located on the third floor of the Advanced Research Complex (ARC) at the University of Ottawa (25 Templeton St.). There are three labs: wet chemistry, metrology, and white and yellow clean rooms (Class 10,000).
All of our labs have a processing capability of up to four-inch diameter wafers and pieces, with the exception of certain beam tools, which accepts wafers of up to two inches in diameter or small pieces.
Please refer to our User Access page for further information.
Hours of Operation
- Facility: staffed 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, with the exception of holidays
- Administrative Office (ARC 350): Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with the exception of statutory holidays
Equipment and Applications
Please see the list below for more information on specific equipment and applications.
Clean Room - 333A (Yellow)
- Mask Aligner – OAI Model 204IR - NanoFab
- HMDS Oven – YES-310TA - NanoFab
- Vacuum Oven - NanoFab
- Ultrasonic Bath – Elmasonic P - NanoFab
- Hot Plate – Model H560A EchoTherm - NanoFab
- Laurell Spin Processor - WS-650-23 - NanoFab
- Smart Glovebox - Terra Universal - NanoFab
Clean Room - 333B (White)
- Sputtering System – Quorum 150R - NanoFab
- SEM + Electron Beam Lithography – Raith PIONEER - NanoFab
- Evaporator – Angstrom Nexdep - NanoFab
- Oxygen Plasma Etcher – PE-50 - NanoFab
- Etching System - SAMCO RIE-110ip - NanoFab
- Etching System - SAMCO RIE-10NR - NanoFab
- Rapid Thermal Annealing System – Solaris 100, SSI - NanoFab
- Profiler – DektakXT - Metrology
- Zeiss Axio Imager M2.M - Metrology
Clean Room - 333C (White)
- Wafer Bonder AML-AWB - NanoFab
- AFM Park NX10 - Metrology
- Zeiss ORION NanoFab, Helium Ion Microscope (HIM) and Focused Ion Beam (Gallium - FIB) - NanoFab
Wet Chemistry - 330
- Solder Reflow Station – SRO-700 - WetChem
- Polishing Machine - Ultra Tec Ultrapol - WetChem
- Grinding/Polishing System - Allied High Tech MetPrep 3/PH-3 with AD-5 Fluid Dispenser - WetChem
- Dicing Saw - MTI SYJ-800 - WetChem
- Legor Electroplating System - 2 litre, 6 station - NanoFab